Double click on above image to view full picture
- £2.99 UK Delivery for orders under £35 via FCP
- FREE UK Delivery for orders over £35 via FCP
- UK COURIER Next Day Service Only: £5.99
Write Your Own Review
Can I upgrade to a courier service?
Yes you can, it costs: £5.99 - we call this service "Platinum Service".
What is the Platinum Service?
Platinum service is only available for mainland UK, it is a next day service via our courier (Interlink Express) that will require a signature upon receipt. Interlink Express will text your mobile number (if you have supplied it when ordering) with an estimated time frame for delivery on the day of your order. If the driver does not arrive during the specified 1 hour window, please call Interlink on the number provided on your text message.
When will EGI send out my order?
We despatch the next working day after the day you placed your order (i.e. not including weekends).
Can I track my order?
If you've setup an account with us rather than checking out as a guest you can see when your order has been despatched by logging into your account and viewing the status. Once the status says "complete", your order has been engraved and will be despatched that day. If you've entered in your mobile number and you are in the UK using our platinum service (rather than Royal Mail) you will receive a text message with the tracking information for the delivery (this service applies if you've checked out as a guest or setup an account).
How will EGI send out my order (UK)?
For the UK... Via first class post as standard (£2.99 - estimated 3-5 day delivery time - but please allow up to 10 days). To upgrade your despatch for UK mainland orders to a next working day courier service (2 working days in total as we despatch the next working day after the day of ordering) opt for the £5.99 Platinum Service - please note working days are Monday - Friday (not including Bank Holidays).
What if I spend over £35?
If your order is £35 or over in value (and you are in The UK) carriage is free via Royal Mail First Class Post.
What if I'm not home when the parcel is delivered?
- First Class Post - if the parcel is too big to fit in your letterbox or if the delivery can't be left safely (i.e. in a communal area), the postman will leave a calling card and you will need to collect from your local sorting office or arrange re-delivery (this is not charged for).
- Courier Delivery - if there is nobody home to sign for the parcel they will leave a card - you will need call the number on the calling card to arrange re-delivery (this is not charged for).
(Please Note; it is your responsibility in the case of either of the above circumstances to collect or to arrange re-delivery, EGI will not accept responsibility where this has not occurred, or where the calling card has been mislaid or lost).
Do you ship Internationally?
We are based in the UK where we primarily despatch to. But yes we do also offer despatch to the following areas (the standard delivery charges are shown):
- Europe* + £12.50 (Royal Mail International Signed For Service)
- The US & Canada** + £17.50 (Royal Mail International Signed For Service)
- Australasia & Japan*** + £17.50 (Royal Mail International Signed For Service)
* Andorra | Austria | Belgium | Bulgaria | Croatia | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Gibraltar | Greece | Guernsey | Hungary | Iceland | Ireland | Isle of Mann | Italy | Jersey | Latvia | Liechtenstein | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Malta | Netherlands | Norway | Poland | Portugal | Romania | San Marino | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Vatican City
** Canada | United States of America
*** Australia | Japan | New Zealand
Do I have to pay 20% VAT?
The following areas that we ship to don't have to pay VAT: Andorra | Australia | Canada | Iceland | Japan | Jersey | Guernsey | Liechtenstein | New Zealand | Norway | San Marino | Switzerland | United States of America | Vatican City. Consequently when checking out 20% VAT will be removed from the total.
All lead-times and delivery services are subject to change at no notice in times of severe adverse weather conditions / acts of God.
What if my engraving is wrong?
In the unlikely scenario of your engraving not being as you've specified online we will immediately replace your order free of charge using our Express Service. Please note; you will need to email us a picture of the incorrect engraving to [email protected], so that we may not even need the product returned in order to send out the new correct unit. In some cases such as sterling products we will need the items returned (we will refund your carriage).
What if I want to cancel my order?
If you want to cancel your order you need to tell us as soon as possible and within 24 hours of you placing the order, however, if your order has already been engraved you cannot cancel it (please note in busy times we sometimes engrave and despatch orders within 1 hour of it being placed). Cancellations cannot be accepted after a period 24 hours of the order being placed or if your order has already been engraved.
Once a product is engraved we will not replace it unless the engraving is wrong or the product is supplied faulty (we have robust quality control processes in order to keep these eventualities to an absolute minimum level). You cannot return an engraved product if you change your mind about the actual product as it's impossible to un-engrave and resell the item. Nor can you return a product if you have made a mistake in specifying the engraving, it is your responsibility to enter the correct text in the engraving field/s.
What if EGI are out of stock of an item?
In the unlikely situation of EGI being out of stock of an item you have ordered, you will be contacted within 24 hours by phone or email to offer an alternative product at the same or higher value or a full refund.
What font do you Engrave with?
We only offer engraving in Monotype Corsiva. This is a pretty script font that can easily be read, please see an example of it here:
How do I enter my engraving instructions?
Please enter the engraving instructions in the engraving fields on the right of the product images. One field on each product is compulsorily required to have text in it before you can checkout.
Where will you engrave?
We will engrave in the most suitable position, this is centred wherever possible unless another position is specifically chosen by a drop-down menu (please note this is only available on selected products). If multi engraving lines are available but you don't use them all, the engraving will be centred with the lines that you have chosen.
Can I purchase my item un-engraved?
Yes you can, but to progress through to the checkout you need to enter something in the required field/s. Please simply put just a full stop "." in the required engraving field/s and then proceed to the checkout - don't worry we won't engrave a "." on your item - it'll just come unbranded. You can also reply to the confirmation email you receive after ordering to confirm you want the item un-engraved.
What if I want more engraving than the site will let me?
I’m afraid this isn’t possible as each item has individually configured engraving specifications i.e. each has the maximum number of characters on the maximum available number of lines that can be used. You cannot enter more than the maximum number of characters in the fields and the site will let you know how many characters you have left.
Are spaces classed as characters?
Yes they are, as spaces take up room on the product they are classed as characters.
Can you engrave non-Latin fonts like Hebrew, Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic?
Yes we can, our system can now handle non-Latin fonts, we may wish to email you a visual of the layout so that you can approve the text before we engrave (this may increase the lead-time that we offer). Please note the only font that we offer is Monotype Corsiva, but will not be able to be used for this service as they don't have the character set needed. So for non-Latin fonts will can only offer engraved in Arial Unicode MS Regular please see it here:
Can you engrave special characters like: @ & ♥ etc... or text with accents like: á é ô ü etc... ?
Yes we can, please enter them in the engraving field and they will be engraved as requested.
I have a problem what do I do?
The quickest way to have an issue resolved is to email [email protected] Use this email address if your order hasn't arrived before the stated time or if it arrived broken or if the engraving is incorrect and we will taken immediate action.
What is the size of a product?
The dimensions of each product are located in the "Additional Information" tab towards the bottom of each product page.
Do you accept orders on the phone?
Alas not, orders must be placed online, so that secure payment processing can be utilised and so that you can specify exactly what engraving you need.
I haven't received a confirmation email from you!
Our automated system always sends out confirmation emails when you've ordered, you should also get a further email from the secure 3rd party payment provider you have chosen to use. If you haven't received an email from us there are 3 possibilities;
1) You've entered your email address incorrectly. Please contact us in this case and we can update your address and confirm that everything is going ahead as requested, call +44 (0) 1789 262 900.
2) The email we've sent you has gone into your email spam folder. Please check your spam folder to see if you have an email from us (the sending domain we use is engravedgiftideas.com) if an email is in the spam folder please whitelist the domain so that you can receive future emails from us.
3) You've ordered on a competitor’s website. If you haven't received an email from the site you've ordered on it is sometimes hard to remember in subsequent days who it actually is that you've ordered from (as the product and site name may be similar to other websites). Some competitor’s systems don't send confirmations and this causes confusion for everyone. Feel free to call us +44 (0) 1789 262 900 to ascertain if you did actually order from us and the issue is point 1 or 2, obviously if we find out the issue is point 3 there is nothing we can do.
Is my payment secure?
Yes totally! We use the services of PayPal and Worldpay - both world recognised names as secure payment services.
Do EGI engrave logos or pictures?
EGI do not engrave logos or pictures. But if you have a bulk order requirement (25 units+) for engraved gifts we can engrave your logo and/or text onto our gifts, please use our wholesale division's website for this requirement www.corporate-gifts-co.com.
Do you sell in Bulk?
Yes if you have a bulk ordering (perhaps for a wedding or an event) or a promotional giftware requirement please visit our sister website www.corporate-gifts-co.com which specialises in larger quantities (25+).
Who are EGI?
EGI is a division of Solo Trading Limited. Solo Trading Ltd are based in Stratford upon Avon and have been providing first class gift solutions since 1991. Stock is held on site and engraving is done in our in-house engraving department using computerised diamond point engraving machines.